Thursday, July 22, 2010

Skinny Bitch

I recently started working more closely with someone in my department at work on a new project. Lets call this person Skinny Bitch. Skinny Bitch is funny, nice, super cute, a great dresser, and, you guessed it….skinny!

This week, Skinny Bitch and I happened to be walking out of the office for lunch around the same time. Skinny Bitch asked me where I was headed. I paused in my head for a second, wondering if I should tell her I was walking down to Weight Watchers to do my weekly weigh-in. But I then immediately told Skinny Bitch this info, because hey, I'm telling the freakin world about it on my blog, I can let this co-worker know what I'm up to. She's a Skinny Bitch, so she probably won't understand, but whatever.

As I blurted out my lunchtime errand, she mumbled something about knowing about that. I shrugged it off and went about my merry way, wondering what indulgent lunch she would come back with. Because as we all know, or assume anyway, Skinny Bitches can eat whatever they feel like and it NEVER comes back to haunt them.

Later that day, Skinny Bitch and I were standing around the same post-work happy hour. She was nibbling on a cheese plate, one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. Figures! As we sipped out drinks and chatted, she asked how my trip to WW went. "Oh great," I responded. "Down a little more than a pound this week!"

Skinny Bitch then proceeded to tell me how much she digs WW and had previously lost 35 lbs, yes THIRTY-FIVE pounds, on the program. My mind was spinning! How could this be?! She's so…….SKINNY. She shared with me how she used to be a bit chunkier and I listened in awe. Though she no longer does the weekly WW thing, she still abides by what she learned from the program. The big things she did to achieve success: 1) add veggies to everything, and 2) cut all portions in half.

Well, what I learned that day was that WW works! And that you never know who around you might have gotten their skinny-on by counting points. Just look at Skinny Bitch! She is proof positive that someday, someone just might, if I'm lucky, call me Skinny Bitch too.

5 comments:

  1. youre almost there! I'll call you skinny bi-otch right now....b/c to me, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially hate that SKINNY BITCH! ;) HA HA HA! Great post Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a riot! Thanks girl. Glad i can provide some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a guy in my office who has lost HALF his body weight (seriously. He's down almost 150 pounds!) in the past year. I saw him for the first time in ages a couple months ago (we're in different departments in different buildings) and I didn't recognize him AT ALL. I was shocked to find out he'd done it all through WW. I figure if he can do that, I can certainly find the willpower to lose my last 20.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out a friend who I always thought was Skinny Bitch has been on Maintenance for 4 years. Amazing how many people do points!

    ReplyDelete