Friday, February 26, 2010

Weight Watchers 4Eva

Week 2 was, unfortunately, not as successful as Week 1. But it was still successful overall in that we lost a total of 5 pounds between the 4 of us, bringing the total weight loss over the past 2 weeks to 21 pounds.1 Any weight loss is good weight loss, right? And we are still making our way towards the ultimate Backstreet Boy goal.


I have to be honest, though, I was none-too-happy after Wednesday night's weigh-in. After losing 6 pounds my first week, I was so on board with Weight Watchers that I was ready to get a Weight Watchers tattoo. Throughout the next week, I continued to track obsessively, stay away from Red Light foods (see Red Light District post), and overall make healthier choices.

And then I weigh in Wednesday night to find I hadn't even lost a full 2 pounds?! After the meeting, I found myself saying really eloquent things like, "This is bullshit!," and "What a waste!," and "Uggggggh!" And then I heard myself say "I am making all these healthy choices, and for what?!"

Um. Silly way of thinking, maybe? Defeats the whole purpose of Weight Watchers, maybe? Uh, yeah.

I realized after my silly rant that Weight Watchers is a lifestyle change, not a crash diet. Admittedly, I have been guilty of participating in many a crash diet fad in my time. But the problem with those fads is that first of all, they are not really good for you; they don't encourage good health and nutrition. And more importantly (to me, that is) is that once you go off the diet, you gain all your weight back! Lame!

So even if I only lose 1 pound per week on Weight Watchers, at least I know that it is a pound that will stay off for good. Yayyyy Weight Watchers!! Tattoo, anyone?


1 It has been pointed out by an anonymous member of our WW group—let's just call her M. Molen. No, no, that's too obvious. How about Miranda M.—that our Backstreet Boy/total weight loss tracking is slightly inaccurate because we do not subtract from the total any weight that is gained by group members. So, for the sake of being 100% accurate, after Week 1, our total weight loss was 13.5, not 16; and in total, our total weight loss is 18.3, not 21. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. OMG you're killing me! Weight Watchers tatoos... genius. There's a place right down the street from me where I see teenage girls go in with fair, untouched skin and come out with a massive black widow crawling up their shoulder blade. Meet you there at 8?

    Oh, and thanks for not revealing my full name in the footnote.

    ReplyDelete