Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Set Back


Everyday I get an email in my inbox from theknot.com. Today it said “129 days to go before your wedding!” Instead of feeling excited, I thought- Oh Crap. And this is why:

We are under a little stress in my household. It is wedding crunch time- invitations must be ordered, caterer backed out- we need a new one, the floral bids are hideously high, and my sister can’t find a flower girl dress for my niece (who is so cute, btw). Add to that, we have been search for a house and we found one.

We got on the house rollercoaster about two weeks ago. We were against five other bidders, we had to go through inspections, get the loan, blah blah. Let me tell you what this translates to: MAJOR eating binge on Saturday Night.

½ peppermint milk shake
½ tuna melt, fried, with cheese
10 fries (not that good or I would have eaten more)
2 chicken tenders
1 case of heartburn and major guilt

If only I had paid attention to the weight watchers booklet on emotional eating. The worst part was that I felt so gross after the big binge. My body has adjusted to nutritious weight watcher foods and was insulted when I coated it in grease, compliments of the Palo Alto Creamery.

The good news is that the binge was real wake up call. I wanted to count points the next day and I got to tracking as soon as I woke up. It wasn’t just the guilt, it was that my body was demanding some retribution. A binge like that won’t cause you to gain major weight, but it will put a dent in to your psyche, which is half the battle for me. I need to remember to keep a balance, that is why weight watchers is so helpful. I can’t say that I am never going to reach for the chicken tenders in a time of crisis, but I will think twice when I have to track it.

No comments:

Post a Comment