Friday, March 26, 2010

What's For Dinner? Nachos Edition


Think nachos can't be done on Weight Watchers? Think again!


I consider myself a nacho aficionado, so the bar is set high. Even with baked tortilla chips, this combo satisfies! I paired it with a Don't Mess Around Margarita and was one happy camper.



Preparation recommendation: assemble chips, beans and cheese; pop into toaster oven to heat and melt; throw on avocado and salsa after. Mmmm.....



Guilt-Free Nachos:
Baked tortilla chips (18) 2.5
1/2 cup fat-free refried beans 2 pts
1/4 avocado 2 pts
Sprinkling of pepper jack cheese 1.5 pts
Your favorite salsa 0 pts
TOTAL 8 pts

Don't Mess Around Margarita:
2 jiggers tequila 4 pts
Fresh squeezed lime juice 0 pts
TOTAL 4 pts

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. I love it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the site! The losing the equivalent of a backstreet boy is killing me!

    Are you working out while you're counting points?

    Fitness Achievement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Will, thanks!, and yes, we are working out to varying degrees. To that end, read the post titled Sexercise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call me ignorant... what's a jigger of tequila?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the recipe for nacho's. And you can't have nacho's without a margarita or beer!!

    ReplyDelete