Sunday, April 25, 2010

Back in the saddle again...

Yesterday I attended my first WW meeting since March 13th. That's 6 weeks people. Not good for someone who realized long ago that she needs the accountability and motivation of these meetings. I have plenty of excuses: friends in town, hosting brunch, away on vacation, etc, etc, etc.

This is not to say that I abandoned the program, and although I hardly tracked, I still tried to keep it together by:
a) making smart choices when out to eat,
b) not taking second helpings, and
c) running 4 miles 3x/week (although that fell by the wayside for about 2 weeks as well because I was out of town).

So I was pleasantly surprised when I weighed in yesterday and had only gained .6 lbs. There's something to be said about having this program ingrained in your psyche. I think after so many years of counting points, I am always "on program", even if I'm "off". Does that make sense?

Anyway, I am ready to really motivate and get back in the saddle.



It always helps me to have some sort of event on the horizon for added incentive. Currently its a wedding in Buenos Aires in mid-July. I'd love to lose 10 - 15 lbs by then. Considering I've only lost 5.2 lbs since January, I really have to step it into high gear. But hey, I'm up for the challenge.

Oh, and speaking of trying to make good choices while eating out, check out the gorgeous food I had to choose from while on safari in South Africa.






This trip reminded me how much packaged, processed junk we eat here in the States. I am focusing on eating clean and fresh as much as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I was thinking about the whole processed food thing and thinking I may challenge myself to a week w/out it. It's going to be brutal though (think Laughing Cow cheese and Weight Watchers Pretzel/Chocolate bars). See future post on this ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz, I totally agree with you about having the program ingrained into your psyche. I guess ignorance is bliss, because now that I am aware of the points values in most foods, I just can't bring myself to eat crap without feeling like crap afterwards.

    So glad you had fun on your trip!! Sounds amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete