Monday, April 19, 2010

Good Enough for an Academy Award Winner


I think everyone has assumptions about who the typical Weight Watchers member is and, until recently, I think our assumptions were pretty accurate. Lately. however, it's become clear that our "atypical" group of young, single, and very social Winos is a growing segment.

Case in point: the recent news that Jennifer Hudson is the new spokesperson for WW. A hip, successful, singer/actress/model who is 28 years old.

What's more, this morning I got my DailyCandy dedicated email newsletter promoting Weight Watchers - via the sponsoring of Jennifer Hudson - to a new audience of women. (The media geek in me can tell you that almost 60% of DailyCandy's readership is between the ages of 18-34.)


All this means is we're on the right track, Winos! Weight Watchers is for everyone - regardless of age, income, or location on the map. And, if it's good enough for an Academy Award winner, it's good enough for me. (Show us some love, JHud!)

No comments:

Post a Comment